Flood Reduction Tools
The new study will consider a wide range of potential solutions, including various combinations of options, to reduce flood damage along Clear Creek. Some of the available tools are termed “structural” measures and some are called “non-structural”. Examples include, but are not limited to :
- Buyout of Structures including both residential and commercial buildings
- Flood-Proofing Structures including raising houses
- Flood Alerts including warnings and temporary evacuations
- Flood plain Management and Regulation prohibiting building in the flood plain and/or applying more stringent elevation criteria for new structures.
- Use of Natural Processes for storm water management